Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday - Covered Bridges and Mountains

I rented a car for the last week, as I felt it would be good to get away for a little while every now and then. Sunday, being our day off, started off with laundry and a call to Peg. Then it was off to places unknown. Took a few side roads - Vermont has no billboards - I mean NO BILLBOARDS! It is awesome. There are little signs at the side of the road pointing out places of interest. I saw a sign with Von Trapp on it. I made a sharp left, knowing Peg would want me to do a "Sound of Music" pilgramage for her. Didn't see any Von Trapp's, but ran into a neat covered bridge.



Took off for the Green Mountains. Beautiful, but I missed the fall colors by a week or so.


We could take a lesson from Vermont - rare to see a big chain store. Not a lot of cell phone towers. Hardly any homes built into mountains. Just trees. And beauty.

Watch out for Moose!

No comments: